2013-04-29

The Road Goes Ever On and ON

THE ROAD GOES EVER ON AND ON~~~



          For the past 2 months, we, the 18th wavers have made numerous efforts to assimilate into a society called 'KMLA'. Sometimes the 'missions' that we encountered seemed so harsh that we fell into abysmal disgrace. Some of us even failed to achieve certain expectations and goals that we set in the beginning of our 'journey'. However, that was not the most important thing happened to us. The most important thing was that every time we faced such moments, we consoled each other and saw our missions ahead in an optimistic view. 


          Before we entered this school (KMLA), people around us always considered us as intelligent students. Not only our friends, but also our teachers and relatives. It was indeed very uncommon to hear someone say that we are not talented at studying. But as we commenced our lives as KMLA student, things have changed without any doubts. No one recognizes us as an 'extremely talented' student (except for the few who always receive good scores) and even some of the teachers are heavily criticizing us for not making efforts to improve our academic skills. In other words, our existence became much more powerless than our 'heydays' when we were considered as geniuses. 






          Well, for me, having undergone through this shocking experience, I feel abashed for meaninglessly spending time during my middle school years. I wonder why I denied all the opportunities that were given to me. Maybe it was because I fell into deep mannerism after I knew that I was one of the most clever students among the students. But no more can I hold on to those ridiculous thoughts. Things are absolutely different now. The wall of pride inside my mind is already breached and now, I feel a great need for learning how to cooperate with my friends. 







       Mid term is now over, yet other exams lay upon our doorstep. This time, we all know that most of the students will strive to pull themselves up to the top. Competition. It is an inevitable thing. BUT if we cannot avoid it, we should enjoy the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment